Tuesday, June 22, 2010

To Tan or Not to Tan


I am so against tanning and completely agree that it is horrible but I am totally addicted! I have preached and preached to so many people about not tanning and what do I do, Tan! I only tan in the summer months so somehow I can justify that to myself. As I tanned today I was literally laying in the tanning bed talking to my friend Calli. Of course with all my fans going she was curious what I was doing so I totally had to give myself up and tell her I was tanning.

Calli has known me so long that she knows I have tanned since I was 16 which was before the 24 hour rule. So yes, I use to tan twice a day in high school! Last time I went to the Doctor and I told her my tanning habits she looked at me as if I should be dead! So why do I tan? It's relaxing for one! I have some crazy stressful days and those 12 minutes in the tanning bed are sometimes the only 12 minutes I have to myself.

I am not one of those girls that is so tan I get weird looks. I am not that addicted where it looks like I tan everyday without missing a day. I typically only tan once a week but I do pay for the high end beds...my husband is not too happy about that!!

Addiction or Habit?? That is the thought of the day as I hung up with my close friend after hearing her disapproval of my tanning habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment