Saturday, June 19, 2010

House Hunting

Not only is this weekend Fathers Day and the celebration of my brother 17th birthday, Steven and I are house hunting! We are looking at the most popular suburbs in Dallas. Flower Mound, Grapevine, Coppell, and Highland Village. Coppell is our top pick and of course their prices are the highest. Steven has to have a pool like no if ands or buts about it he wants that pool or a hot tub!

Personally, I just have to have an updated kitchen and the agreement is if we find a great house with a pool but not an updated kitchen I get to upgrade it immediately! Tuesday we picked out 5 houses to view and don't think by Thursday they were all gone! No Joke!! We then picked out 4 new ones, which were not really high picks but just something to check out and by Saturday morning 2 of those were gone. It looks like this is going to be a pretty frustrating search!

We walked into a house this afternoon and the best part was the electronic vacuum. I was so amazed by it. The family obviously was not home but we walked into the house to a sound of a a blow dryer and there on the living room floor was a little electronic vacuum. Not really sure if it works or even really vacuums but it was so entertaining to watch. I think I should get one just to keep Ella entertained. She would play with it for hours.

Now that my little brother is 17 it really makes me feel old. When I turned 17 I went to an NSYNC concert at the old Cowboys Stadium. Not only was it with 2 of my best friends but my little brother got to go. I am pretty sure he was 6 years old. Hope, Calli, and I wore matching tops just different colors. They were cute little tanks from American Eagle with small little flowers. Hope had white, Calli had pink, and I had to have the baby blue one. The night was all mine I will never forget how great I felt that night. The thought of possibly meeting Justin Timberlake and of course thinking he would just love me and we would live happily ever after crossed my mind about 100 times that night.

I think that night was my 1st time to officially go into a club. Calli's loving mother sat in the parking lot of a neon pink and green tacky palm tree decorated teen night club that was across the street from Wet and Wild while the 3 of us attended the NSYNC after party. Once again the goal was to have Justin Timberlake fall in love with me but 1st I needed to fight off the other 10,000 girls that had the exact same thought I did. Obviously it was an unsuccessful attempt and I went home totally bummed out that night. I hope Bryan's 17th birthday is as memorable as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment