Thursday, August 5, 2010

House Hunting and Refi

It is kind of bazaar that Steven and I are seriously house hunting at the same time my property is up for refinance! The exact same day we put an offer on a house was the day the refi stress began!

You may ask what refi is?.....Well basically the loan at my property is up so in order to get the best rate my property has to perform extremely well! Not to mention I have to meet with all sorts of important people, do lots of reports, and maintain my day to day job. I have no idea how I would do this if I had children!

But let's get to the exciting stuff. Our offer! Steven and I found the perfect home! It was exactly what we wanted...perfect interior, perfect location, and perfect yard! It was just a little over what we want to spend but luckily the AC looked poor, hot water heater fair, and the carpet needed to be replaced due to pet damage.

We placed an offer that we knew was low just to see and of course like we expected it was not accepted. The offer that came back was $1500.00 less then the asking price, not the seller barely budged! The funny part is the current owners have only lived there for 2 years and have put no money into the home in terms of all the upgrades the house has. They are asking $17,000 more then what they paid 2 years ago during the peak of the home market. Are they crazy? Our realtor told us today the seller basically is like, "This is the best I can do." I would completely agree if he would have paid for all the upgraded in the home but seriously.......

We are going to sit on the offer over the weekend and see what happens and then give another counter offer next week. If that does not work, which I would be surprised if it did we will hope and pray the home sits and sits on the market until the seller is ready to negiciate! If not Steven and I will keep on truckin looking for our perfect home to raise all the little girls we are going to have ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment