Monday, May 30, 2011

Dining Room

I have finally finished my Dining Room. The only thing I have left is finding the perfect centerpiece!!

So here is the before pictures, right when we moved in.




The dining room sat with just a table for awhile but I don't think I have a picture of that but to the most exciting part! My chairs I found on Craigslist! I have re fabriced before but this was definitely a challenge. The true test is going to be when the chairs actually get sat in. I am a little worried about it. I did 2 different fabrics on the top cushion and it was not easy. I basically white washed all of them to match the legs of the table. I think I could have used a tougher sand paper too. Word of advice don't always listen to the guy at Home Depot. One of the chairs has a pink tint and I blame it all on the sand paper. I think I painted 1 part of it 5 times and just nothing would work.

Here are the before pictures....just awful!!





And the after....




The main fabric is from Ballard Design. I 1st saw it on a chair they sell and just fell in love with it and the green looks a little lime green in the picture but actually matches the drapes perfectly! The Captains chairs are also Ballard Designs standard parson chairs with their basic fabric slipcover. I have a fabric swatch for almost all the fabric Ballard Design sells...so if you need one...I bet I have it!

I am really happy with my dining room and feel so accomplished! It is a much better feeling then just buying something at a store that has no personality or personal touch.





Overall I think it turned out close to the picture that inspired me!

1 comment: