Monday, April 4, 2011

Mouse Catcher

Today when I got home from work I grabbed my paint brushes and Ella and I headed strait to the back yard to continue my white washing of my dining room chairs. We have a really good fence so the thought of having to watch Ella's every single move in the backyard is never a concern for me. I am talking the fence is practically brand new in perfect condition.

Steven got home and I had all our doors open just painting away in the backyard. Steven began yelling for Ella and when she didn't answer I assumed she was on the side of the house playing with the mud balls that tend to occupy her. When Steven let me know she was not there we both started yelling for her and nothing. Steven kept yelling and yelling and luckily we could hear her bark! Yes...my little dog had made her 1st official escape from the yard. My heart dropped!!

As I yelled her name frantically looking to see how she could have gotten out, I found a small area that lead into the neighbors backyard. The only problem is they had a horrible fence that connects to another horrible fence that is a vacant house that is for sale. Now which backyard was she in?? She could have easily gotten into the backyard of the vacant house and I was preparing to start fence hopping!!

I could just imagine Ella backyard hopping enjoying life...

When I got to the front yard of our neighbors yard I could hear some little squealing noise which I knew was not Ella but she was also not barking anymore! As I rounded the corner to their backyard, I see Ella through this broken fence practically trying to kill 2 mice! Seriously...we are talking Fievel and his sister!

She was all over them in the backyard. Not only am I thinking that I can not get to her to make sure she does not just bite into one but she is not listening to me yelling "NO" repetitively as she tried to play with both of them.

Luckily the man next door got into the back yard before I broke the fence down. Total mother moment that I am pretty sure if 10 more minutes would have passed that fence would have been on the ground in order for me to get to Ella!!





I can not believe my sweet little Ella escaped our backyard! At least I know little Miss Ella will always catch Mice if we ever have that problem...YYUUCCKKKYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment