Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dining Room Inspiration

I had totally given up on finding unique dining room chairs until this morning! All I have had in my dining room for months is the table and rug with a tad bit of wall decor but it is really bare. I just have not been able to find the chairs I want. I want something unique but yet not crazy expensive. I don't want anything that could possibly not work with children or be so expensive you have to make it work in another house one day because you can't part with them since you spent so much money on the chairs. So I don't want them to be my last set of dining room chairs and trust me Steven would make sure of that if we spend a lot of money on them!

It is hard to find these magical chairs and I had totally given up and decided on just going to some parson chairs and slipcovers which honestly is not the cheapesst option either! Well my girlfriend Amy posted on her blog this morning and it totally inspired me to keep the faith in my chairs!! She is on the same hunt! For unique inexpensive dining room chairs that might need a little personal touch! I totally stole this picture from her blog but I love this one! I am looking for a similiar look to this picture for my dining room.



My table was a GREAT find...it is oak with a painted cream base and I have a sisal rug. I already have 1 cream slipcover and on Monday I should get the parson chair delivered to see if at least that chair will work out and if so I will get the 2nd one. Thanks to Amy I have been searching all day for chairs and actually found 4 on Craigslist that hopefully Steven and I can look at tomorrow.

Thanks Amy for the new found inspiration!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment