Sunday, December 19, 2010

House Warming Tacky Christmas Sweater Party

Steven and I had our 1st party in our new home! It was a great hit!! I can definitely tell we are getting older. When we went to the store to buy everything the plan was to make sure we had a little more then needed because we were afraid people might bring friends. We got tons of food and tons of alcohol. Steven got a full keg of Bud Light and we had 5 jugs of Sangria plus TONS of food. All the food was eaten but only 2 jugs of Sangria and maybe half of the keg was drank! How times have changed!! We were so expecting the complete oposite and were worried about running out of alcohol. We had just enough food, pretty much everything we made was gone by morning!! What can I say....We are finally getting to the "Dinner Party" stage of life!



It was so much fun decorating our house for the 1st time for Christmas. I loved both the outside and inside! I really love my table with the lolipops!! I basically bought the lolipops for something totally different and never used them. I found the green potting plants and thought Oh My Goodness that would be so cute to use with the lolipops!! Almost everything else was stuff I had. My wonderful mother in law had the perfect table clothe that matched perfectly!!























Everyone did a great job with the Tacky Christmas Sweaters!! It was so much fun to see the sweaters! My dad wrapped himself in lights and had to stay plugged in all night. I totally did not get a picture with him so hopefully I can convince him to dress up in the same thing Christmas so I can get my picture! He was the winner with the best sweater!! Excuse my bright red lipstick in the pictures. It is a little much!







I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as Steven and I! Until next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment